Write about something that you believed as a child.

Something I believed as a child was that the world used to be black and white. When I was younger I din;t fully understand the concept of cameras not always being how they are now, so when I would see videos in black and white, I genuinely believed that's how the world used to look like. I used to wonder how the world gained color and why the world was only black and white at one point. Of course, I learned later on that that wasn't the case and it was just cameras not having color then.

Summary: We read a poem in class about a boy getting called the n-word and how it impacted his vacation.

Reflection: I learned about the different words that my classmates' find offensive to them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflect on your experience in Multicultural Literature so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?

Three Goals That I Want To Achieve This Year