Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?

There wasn't really time when someone stereotyped me, but I had a former friend call me "white-washed". I don't recall why he had said that, but I remember being very confused. I had questioned why he said this, and they said it was because I never cursed, I kept to myself, and just the way I acted in public. I can only assume that he said that because he expected me, as a black person, to be loud and have no filter. I, unfortunately don't remember what happened after that, but I do remember thinking differently of him because of that.  

Summary: We learned about stereotypes

Reflection: I learned about the different kinds of stereotypes different groups of people have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflect on your experience in Multicultural Literature so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

Three Goals That I Want To Achieve This Year