In “Missing Your People,” Tracy Brower explains the importance of belonging. Describe a time when you felt like you truly belonged. What created that feeling?

One time I truly felt like I belonged was when, 2 years ago, I joined a Twitter community for people that like Kpop. Over a few months I made some friends, and I felt like I could communicate and joke with them without fear of judgement. We even had many interests outside of the kpop groups we liked. I think that fact that you have to go out of your way to talk to people if I wanna make friends, and that they can't judge you based on how you look or sound, like how some people do in real life, was what made me feel like I belonged. They like you for your personality, and almost everyone feels the same way you do about certain things so you also feel understood as well. I'm always thankful my experience was only positive there.

Summary: Absent

Reflection: Absent

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflect on your experience in Multicultural Literature so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?

Three Goals That I Want To Achieve This Year