Do you think forgiving someone means you also have to forget what they did? Why or why not? Connect your response to your own experiences or observations.
No, I don't think so. You can definitely forgive someone, but not forget what they did because that feeling will always stay with you. Remembering how someone hurts you, in my opinion, will allow you to hold them accountable in the future. There was one my dad had said something very very hurtful to me, and I confronted him about it a year later. He said he didn't remember saying that, but he still apologized to me and promised to be more careful with what he said. I forgave him, but I will never forget what he said and how it made me feel.
Summary: We finished reading "Fences"
Reflection: I learned that forgiveness can take a long time.
Comments
Post a Comment