Choose one character or scene that appeared differently in the movie than you imagined while reading. What was different, and did the movie change how you understood that character or scene?

One character that appeared differently to me was Rose. I think I just didn't imagine her tone and cadence to be the way it was in the book as it was in the movie. Also the cheating scene, the emotion and intensity in that scene came nowhere close to how it was in the movie, I couldn't have guessed it was that intense. The adaption showed how intense and truly upsetting that scene was and I'm really glad to have seen it because it helped me see how it was supposed to be.

Summary: We read more of "Fences" and watch two clips from the movie.

Reflection: I learned that my own interpretation for the characters through the book doesn't fully come close to how they're shown in the movie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflect on your experience in Multicultural Literature so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?

Three Goals That I Want To Achieve This Year