Think about the different people, cultures, experiences, communities, interests, and traditions that have shaped who you are. What parts of your identity have had the greatest influence on the person you are today? Have you ever felt pressure to change, hide, or emphasize a part of yourself in order to fit in?

 I think my family and my values have had the greatest influence on who I am today. My parents really helped shape the person I am today and how I treat others. There was a time when I was younger I used to hide my personality because I thought it was weird and would affect my ability to gain or keep friends. None of my friends in elementary school expressed themselves in a similar way to how I did when I was at home, so I never showed that side of me outside of my house. But now I'm getting better at not caring about things like that. I want to have friends who like me for who I actually am.


Summary: In class we read a poem and discussed whether or not we believe you can change your culture.

Reflection: I learned people actually can change and assimilate to another culture. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflect on your experience in Multicultural Literature so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?

Three Goals That I Want To Achieve This Year