If someone tried to understand you using only your race, what important things would that person miss? Describe at least three other parts of your cultural identity that help make you who you are.
Someone wouldn't be able to know everything about me just because the stereotypes my race has. They wouldn't know that I'm really into Kpop right now, I have a pet rabbit, and I like to spend my time at home. Music is a very large part of my identity because it links me with certain memories. Food is another one because my cooks Guyanese food for the house and it makes me feel more connected to that part of my ethnicity. My personal values also shape who I am because they affect the way I treat and talk to people.
Summary: We learned about the different experiences people have with race and cultural identity.
Reflection: I learned that peoples race changes with how different people view themselves and others.
Comments
Post a Comment