Describe a meaningful family tradition unique to your culture and explain how it mirrors or contrasts with the cultural identity themes of expectations.

 My dad is Muslim and a tradition in our house is that we celebrate every Eid together by eating together. Even though only my dad and I are Muslim, it's a holiday that we enjoy celebrating. I think this contrasts with the cultural expectation that black people are usually Christians. People will usually expect a black person to be of some christian religion, but in my household that's not fully the case. We don't celebrate any christian holidays either, like Easter and Christmas.

Summary: In class we learned about cultural identity.

Reflection: Today I learned that there are seven elements of culture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflect on your experience in Multicultural Literature so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?

Three Goals That I Want To Achieve This Year